Since 2012, PFS has provided PANDORA, one of the world’s largest jewelry brands, with a full suite of B2C eCommerce services. Given its product mix, global footprint and rapid business growth, PANDORA needed a partner who could not only handle high volumes efficiently – especially during the holiday season – but who could also provide branded pack-out services, security for high-value products and multilingual customer service.
Today, PANDORA’s end-to-end solution features:
- A picking/packing solution within locked cages to deter loss and ensure products are handled with the utmost care
- Branded boxes, pull-string pouches and custom packaging for fragile products
- Order management services, including payment processing and fraud management across international platforms
- Multilingual contact center services throughout multiple countries
- Digital agency services through our partner agency, LiveArea, including support for their flagship website on Salesforce Commerce Cloud
In 2018, PANDORA also participated in a pop-up distribution center (DC) pilot program to alleviate the strain on their primary DC during the holiday peak. Through this program, we built two pop-up picking/packing operations from the ground up in only four weeks, one in Memphis and one in Toronto, with distributed order management (DOM) order routing guidelines according to the brand’s business rules. Despite the high throughput of the pop-up DCs, we successfully preserved the high-end pack-out services that set PANDORA apart. For the seven weeks that the pop-up DCs were operational, PANDORA saw a 50% reduction in shipping costs, a 50% reduction in shipping time and a 25% reduction in contact center calls per order.